Friday, May 16, 2008

Winged Victory


She's in my "About Me" section but the picture doesn't do her justice. So, I've repeated her here. This sculpture is always the highlight of my trips to the Louvre. When I come around the corner and see her standing majestically at the end of that long hall I am always in awe. I've taken numerous pictures from all angles and still don't have one that I really like. I guess I'll just have to go back and maybe someday get pictures without hundreds of people surrounding her. On our last trip we saw the excavated foundations of the original castle. That was amazing and it was so cool to see that almost every stone had a mason's mark on it. We first thought the boats and hearts on the stones were graffiti but, hundreds of years ago the person who finished each stone autographed it. There's so much more about the Louvre but I'll go back to that later.

No comments: